Friday, January 2, 2009

I really wanted to start the blog from when we moved to Denver, but It has taken me THIS LONG to get it to work. So here is the first year and a half... in a nut shell:






When we first moved here we wanted to check out this beautiful landscape and one of the first places we went was Rocky Mountain National park. WOW!! Every view was amazing like right out of a calender. This park has the highest continuous paved road in North America topping out at 12,183 feet, so it was all the fun of a mountain climb with non of the work.




It has been just wonderful seeing all the colors change in the fall. There wasn't anything like it in Texas. We drove out Gold Camp Road just West of Colorado Springs to see the beautiful aspens in the fall. Theodore Roosevelt himself could only describe it "This is the trip that bankrupts the English Language", and seeing it first had this is not an understatement.






When my Dad was down we went to Roxborough State park. These structures were formed from the same rock formations as Red Rocks in Colorado Springs. It was amazing to see huge jets of red rock shooting right out of the ground like plates on the back of a reptile. We had a blast hiking around and getting rained on.











Our first snow was in October. AMAZING! We were like little children playing in it; catching it on our toungs and throwing snowballs at each other. It absolutely transforms everything into some other world... a winter wonderland. Too bad it is so stinking cold!







Once spring sprang my mother came again and we visited the botanical gardens. I got so many amazing pictures of all the flowers... the hardest part was deciding which one to put as my desktop.











Aubry was born and we finally got to see her in May. I am so happy for Jeff and Mindi.

















Next big adventure was Polo Duro Canyon. Another beautiful rocky hike around waterfalls and into a canyon. We got really stuck and were afraid we would have to live there but with some persistence we got out. I had a wonderful time, and thankfully we remembered to pack a lunch.










Then CHICAGO! The train trip was a nightmare but the city was beautiful. We has so much fun seeing our friends and touring the city.


















That fall brought with it many trial for Jacob and me. Jacob's father passed away unexpectedly in October leaving his family devastated and bringing a shadow over the end of 2008. We have also continued to try unsuccessfully to conceive. It was a good year and a memorable one; beginning in hope and beauty and ending in sorrow and trials.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Laura! I'm with you - hopefully we can all stay in touch better. Thanks for sharing about your past year and letting us know what to be praying for in 2009. I love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SO HAPPY to see you in the blogging world. Oh, how I miss you two!!!!! I am so sorry to hear how 2008 closed-out, I do hope 2009 proves to be a full year of love, hope, joy and great happy endings and beginnings.....I will be praying :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate to sound redundant...but I'm so happy you're blogging. I can't wait to see more of your smiling face via pictures! Your brother and I miss you and pray for you and Jacob daily. We are confident that the Lord will bring about amazing things in '09!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Laura!

    I'm so sad that I missed you on your whirlwind Houston trip.

    Thank you for the updates - this is a nice blog.

    Hey! We kept/are keeping Passover! We had a seder in our home and have kept the whole week unleavened! It has been a blessing! Shalom

    ReplyDelete